Fuel Cell Engineer
Precision Combustion, Inc. is a technology company developing a range of innovative hardware, system technologies and products for clean energy. We have built a world-leading expertise in catalytic combustion, catalytic reforming, and novel system solutions.
Our skilled team works well together developing new products in an energized atmosphere. This is an excellent opportunity with great benefits in addition to applying your skills in a technology company positioned at the forefront of the clean energy industry.
Precision Combustion is looking for an exceptional Fuel Cell Engineer with a background in solid oxide fuel cell development and integration. We are looking for someone with strong fundamentals, passion and creativity to join our innovative team. The applicant will be responsible for integrating breakthrough reforming technology into advanced fuel cell systems.
The applicant must have a good understanding and knowledge of fuel cell system requirements including optimum operating conditions, system issues, thermal and water management, start-up, and transient. The applicant must also understand limitations due to fuel sulfur, reformate composition and load changes.
- Support and lead fuel cell system development with specific focus on components and integration concepts.
- Coordinate the system integration activities and optimize system components packaging to enhance product performance.
- Provide a creative and high level analytic approach to solving unusual and complex problems.
- Demonstrate leadership in several areas of team, task, or project lead responsibilities.
- Design, setup, and perform testing and analysis of fuel reformer and fuel cells.
- Design, develop, and execute test plans on fuel cell system testing.
- Coordinate and contribute to various reactor, test setup, and system design reviews.
- Participate in design and construction of specialized testing equipment.
- Specify instrumentation and equipment for test facility assembly.
- Review, analyze and interpret test data and results. Develop formal, clear technical reports to provide findings and interpretation/analysis of test results to technical managers and customers. Prepare reports for internal and external reviews and make recommendations based on test results
- Write and submit proposals to government agencies for research and development funding.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a laboratory environment, planning and executing tests on solid oxide fuel cells. Background in planar solid oxide fuel cells preferred.
- Hands-on experience in synthesis, processing and characterization of materials and high temperature materials highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with chemical and electrochemical reactor design, assembly, and testing required.
- Experience with electrochemical measurement techniques and characterization.
- Experience in materials characterization techniques and analysis of the derived data a plus.
- Understanding of stack modelling and performance protocols a plus.
- Experience with chemical process equipment (heaters, heat exchangers, valves, flow controllers, pumps, and load banks, among others) and gas chromatography a plus.
- Experience with process modeling software, such as ASPEN and ChemCAD, a plus.
- Experience in management of projects, including tracking budgets and milestones.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint) and data interpretation and analysis software.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills to work effectively and openly with other engineers and scientists, both internally and externally.
- Good technical presentation skills to effectively communicate ideas and scientific findings. Ability to work independently and in cooperation with other team members, as well as interact with senior staff on significant technical matters.
For Export Compliance, Candidate must be one of the following: US Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science/Engineering and 3 – 5 years relevant experience, or
- MS in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science/Engineering with 5 – 7 years relevant experience.