Custom Catalyst Development and Services
PCI offers advanced washcoating (slurry coating) on metal and ceramic substrates and material characterization services. Substrate geometries include, but are by no means limited to:
PCI's coating expertise includes washcoating different metal oxides, including alumina, zeolite, ceria and zirconia and precious metal deposition.We also have the capability to coat our catalysts on your substrates.
Material Characterization Equipment
- Surface area – multipoint BET method
- Specific metal area and metal dispersion – Chemisorption
- Pore volume and pore size distribution – N2 adsorption
- Surface and particle morphology and chemistry – Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)/Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS)
- Reducibility and oxidizability – Temperature-programmed-reduction (TPR) and Temperature-programmed-oxidation (TPO)
- Solution chemistry -UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Material viscosity and shear rate profile - Brookfield Rheometer
- Rapid gas analysis- Micro-GCs or Mass Spectrometer
- Gas and Liquid (such as fuels) analysis- Agilent 6890 Research GCs
PCI Microscopy Services can provide the entire spectrum of services from sample preparation through examination and analysis.
PCI's Scanning Electron Microscope and EDS detector provide both imaging and surface chemistry for elements of atomic number 6 (carbon) and higher.
The two stage SEM's accelerating voltage is adjustable from 0.5 to 40 kV using a LaB6 filament. The upper stage is used for high magnification work with a realistic resolution of 20 nm. The sample size for this upper stage is limited to about 8 mm in diameter by about 2 mm thick.
The lower stage of the SEM can accommodate samples up to about 150 mm in diameter by 40 mm thick. It is typically used for magnifications from about x 40 to x 25,000. This stage is equipped with both a secondary electron (E-T) and backscattered electron (Robinson) electron detector.
EDS chemical analysis is performed in the lower stage using a Kevex Quantum detector. This detector has an ultra thin window and is sensitive to carbon and elements of higher atomic number.
The output of the digital data acquisition system includes:
Images (hard Copy or electronic files) Surface Chemistry (with or without standards)
Compositional Maps Sample Preparation: PCI maintains cutting, mounting and polishing equipment in order to do cross sectional analysis. Gold and carbon coating can be done in order to image insulating samples
If you would like to discuss a particular application further, please download, complete and fax us an Applications Form so that we can better serve your requirements.
Contact PCI to learn more about how our solutions may be adapted for your needs.