Mechanical Design Engineer
Precision Combustion, Inc. is a technology company developing a range of innovative hardware, system technologies and products for clean energy. We have built a world-leading expertise in catalytic combustion, catalytic reforming, and novel system solutions.
Our skilled team works well together developing new products in an energized atmosphere. This is an excellent opportunity with great benefits in addition to applying your skills in a technology company positioned at the forefront of the clean energy industry.
Are you looking for important work you can be passionate about? In this position you will play a critical role in improving and troubleshooting innovative technology that changes the way energy works in the world. We are looking for an exceptional engineer with strong fundamentals, passion and creativity and the ability to work on multiple projects.
Responsibilities require design and drafting knowledge to support projects from conceptual design through to prototype build and test, and demonstrated innovation. This role requires close interaction with other engineering team members and the tenacity to succeed. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced organization.
- Create new system designs and/or modify existing system designs with a focus upon lower cost, improved manufacturability, increased product performance, and higher overall product quality.
- Work with systems, mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering teams to define integration requirements for a wide variety of system components
- Specify system components or direct product modification for conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
Required Skills/Experience Include:
- Strong CAD modeling skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- Working knowledge of drafting practices and manufacturing methods
- Experience with combustion, high temperature materials preferred
- Hands-on experimental work and mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong engineering fundamentals, including heat transfer, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Help us reach the next level of innovation and performance
- BSME with 3-5 years’ experience required; MSME a plus. Willing to consider ChemE with strong design background
This is an excellent growth opportunity for an engineer looking to develop important solutions, and to join a team where he or she can become a key contributor.
For Export Compliance, Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident