Senior IC Engine Combustion Development Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Development Engineer with a natural passion for automotive engine technology and exploring novel concepts leading to products. Strong fundamental skills and combustion background is required. Precision Combustion, Inc. (PCI) is a growing 35-person company with great benefits and a history of developing advanced technology and prototypes for clean energy by applying scientific fundamentals and creativity. We have built a world-leading expertise in areas including combustion and catalysis. Our team (including 10 PhDs), is developing several new products to meet the clean energy needs of tomorrow.
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative and high-performing engineering team for a senior engineer determined to succeed and with willingness to contribute, learn, and be challenged. The position requires a solid understanding of engine thermodynamics, emissions, and a working knowledge of product development systems and IC engine operation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated comprehensive analytical competency to enable innovative solutions, be responsible for internal combustion engine systems development, customer interaction, and work planning, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Technical lead on projects for internal combustion engine systems development, with specific focus on component development concepts
- Design and optimization of portable generator and vehicle systems based on IC engines
- Testing and evaluation of power generation systems to meet customer requirements, such as MIL-STD specs
- Design, develop, and execute test plans on IC engines
- Supervise and provide guidance during controls and power electronics development
- Responsible for project management of development projects
- Provide a rigorous analytic approach to solving new and complex problems
- Provide leadership by managing supporting personnel and customer interaction
- Review, analyze and interpret test data and results. Develop formal, clear technical reports to provide findings and interpretation/analysis of test results to technical managers and customers. Prepare reports for internal and external reviews and make recommendations based on test results
- Write and submit proposals to government and commercial agencies for research and development funding
- In depth knowledge of fueling, combustion, and after-treatment of IC engines including component operation and control methods
- Work experience in a laboratory environment, planning and executing tests on IC engines
- Power and Control Electronics implementation knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with flow components as well as pressure and temperature instrumentation a plus
- Hands-on experience with IC engine systems development and trouble-shooting
- Experience with engine dynamometer test setup desired
- Familiarity with military specs desired
- Experience in management of projects, including tracking budgets and milestones
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint) and data interpretation and analysis software.
- Modeling of automotive engine processes
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills to work effectively and openly with other engineers and scientists, both internally and externally.
- Good technical presentation skills to effectively communicate ideas and scientific findings. Ability to work independently and in cooperation with other team members, as well as interact with senior staff on significant technical matters.
- Experience in technical proposal writing to address government and industry needs is preferred
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering preferably with relevant experience in IC engine R&D or
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with 5 – 7 years relevant experience in IC engine R&D
For Export Compliance, Candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident