Indoor Air Quality
Precision Combustion, Inc. (PCI) is developing air cleaning applications focused on control of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), CO2, Sulfur and other air pollutants. PCI’s nanostructured and catalytic air filters are modeled to achieve more reliable levels of indoor air quality while lowering energy use, and providing operating and capital cost savings.
PCI’s oxidation, adsorption, and chemical reaction technologies are being developed for a variety of indoor air quality applications. These technologies, funded by DOE, EPA, NASA, and others, provide high value in a compact, lightweight, and regenerable package.
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Buildings
Our technologies can be tailored to capture a variety of targeted chemical compounds, including, CO2, ammonia, VOCs (e.g., formaldehyde, benzene), and other pollutants from industrial processes. PCI’s strategy of directly removing pollutants from indoor air decreases the need for makeup air and associated air treatment costs for heating, cooling, and humidity control. Our building air clean-up technologies furthermore can utilize Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) to offer high quality indoor air at a reduced cost.
Microlith® Air Cleaner
Air cleaner performance benefits
Microlith® catalytic air cleaners offer several performance benefits over alternative technologies.
- Ultra-compact size and low weight
- Direct electrical heating of the conductive substrate utilizing low power
- High energy and conversion efficiency
- Reduced maintenance and power requirements
- Improved durability for long term reliable operation
The technology has been developed in two embodiments, a Trace Contaminant Oxidizer for VOC's and CO and a Trace Contaminant Adsorber for CO2 and other Spacecraft Maximum Allowable Concentration (SMAC) compounds.
For more, please check out our press releases:
- Novel Trace Contaminant Sorbent for Spacesuit Life Support Systems Wins NASA SBIR Phase II Project
- PCI Technology Awarded EPA SBIR Phase II Contract to Improve Indoor Air Quality and Decrease Building Energy Consumption
- PCI Awarded EPA SBIR Phase I Grant To Develop Regenerable Designer Nanomaterials For Improved Air Cleaning
- PCI Wins NASA STTR Phase I Award for Spacesuit Trace Contaminant Control Adsorber
- PCI Regenerable Air Filter Innovation For Toxic Air Pollutants Wins Army SBIR Phase I Award
- Recycling Oxygen from Carbon Dioxide in Future Space Exploration
Contact PCI to learn more about how our solutions may be adapted for your needs.